Organization chart starter app
We've added a new starter app - Organization chart. It uses our Hierarchy layout and inspector component to provide a solid foundation for your own org charts, with some nice navigation between elements.
The org chart starter app showcases several features of the Toolkit:
- The Hierarchy layout makes it a snap to arrange items in a hierarchical view
- The Surface element has a number of helper methods to let you navigate around the dataset. In this app we take advantage of the Surface's ability to smoothly pan to and zoom in on a specific element.
- We use the inspector to provide a detail view of each individual, and from inside the inspector we can navigate the chart.
- For rendering in this app we use HTML elements, which we can easily style.
Zooming and panning
- We've made a couple of updates to the internals of the Surface widget, to improve the way we animate a zoom and pan operation. You can see the results in our new Organization chart starter application.
- It's now possible to switch off the template cache in the
Inspectorcomponent. This allows you to serve a template for a given object whose content is based upon the data contained within the object. In previous versions once a template had been retrieved for a given combination of object type (node/group/edge/port) and
type, the template was cached for the duration of the page load.
Start a free trial
Get in touch!
If you'd like to discuss any of the ideas/concepts in this article we'd love to hear from you - drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.