Neighbourhood views starter app
We've added a new starter app - Neighbourhood views which showcases the Toolkit's ability to render dynamically changing selections. For some selected element, we provide a popup window showing either the element's parent, children, siblings or its parent and children.
This starter app showcases several features of the Toolkit:
- The Hierarchy layout makes it a snap to arrange items in a hierarchical view
- Our popups render a dynamically changing Selection to provide a window on some aspect of the dataset
- The Surface element has a number of helper methods to let you navigate around the dataset. In this app we take advantage of the Surface's ability to smoothly pan to a specific element.
- We use the
ElementDraggerhelper class to configure DOM elements which are not part of the canvas to be draggable by the user.
- For rendering in this app we use HTML elements, which we can easily style.
- We use a Custom tag to render the formula in elements that have one, but if you're using one of our library integrations - Angular, React, Vue or Svelte - you can of course achieve the same thing with a component.
The functionality shown in this app is something that can be very useful if you're displaying a diagram or application with a large number of elements.
- As mentioned above, we have a new helper class -
ElementDragger- which you can use to configure DOM elements outside of your canvas to be draggable.
We've made a few miscellaneous updates in this release:
- Fixed an issue in the Svelte integration whereby a missing component mapping could cause an error.
- Fixed an issue with the
centerOnmethod that was introduced by some refactoring in 6.6.4.
- Added support for
HierarchyLayout, allowing you to dynamically specify the root node each time the layout is run.
- Improvements to Hierarchy layout placement when the dataset consists of a set of unconnected nodes
Start a free trial
Get in touch!
If you'd like to discuss any of the ideas/concepts in this article we'd love to hear from you - drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.